Remote Support Terms and Conditions
Our Remote Support Disclaimer
Whilst we embark on taking all due care in the use of your computer, (ClearTelecomUS Ltd., We) cannot guarantee this service will resolve the IT problem or that the attempt to resolve technical issues will not cause additional problems requiring a onsite or back-to-base support call.
(ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Is not liable for any consequential damages and it is the client’s responsibility to back up all applications and data prior to the session.
- Please close any personal or confidential information on your screen, as the technician will be viewing your desktop.
By using this Remote Support Service you understand that:
- All remote service and software provided “as is” and at customers sole risk.
- You are responsible for the backup of your data and applications.
- (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Is not liable for consequential damages of any kind.
- (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Is not liable for unauthorized access to anybody’s computers via the remote access software.
- (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Will not disclose passwords or IDs to any undisclosed 3rd party.
- You (Client) agree to pay (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) to repair, analyze and troubleshoot your computer hardware at a rate of $100 per hour for tech support.
- Minimum charge is $25 for a 15 minutes and time will be billed to the nearest 15 minutes (¼ hour).
- Payment will be secured prior to the support request and session start.
- No appointments will be booked without a payment has been processed and secured.
- You (Client) understand that troubleshooting issues may be a time-consuming process and agree to pay (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) for troubleshooting time as necessary.
- If (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) is requested to conduct further research on a specific issue, Client will not be billed for research time off-site, but will be billed for research time while at Client’s site/computer.
- Virus Removals: You (Client) also certify that you (Client) will indemnify and hold harmless and will pay for added support to (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) for any software repairs necessary after a virus has been detected and removed off a computer. Viruses in a computer can cause many problems, (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) cannot control what or how the virus affected the computer before and after removal.
- (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Offers a 7 day follow-up on virus/malware removals. If within 7 days you suspect you have an instance returning, please contact or call us immediately. If after 7 days and you have a returned infection, (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) will discuss what security products you purchased and decide on the best level of support.
- There is no guarantee or warranty that a virus will never get through or reinfection may not occurred.
- If You (Client) require training in backup methods and procedures, (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) will provide that training to you (Client) at an additional rate of per hour. You (Client) further agree to indemnify and hold harmless (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) for any and all hardware or software malfunctions or accidents that may occur before, during or after work is performed on Client’s computer and for any results thereof.
- You (Client) also certify that you (Client) will indemnify and hold harmless (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) for any and all data or software that may be lost or erased, as well as for any consequence of the erasure or loss of that data or software. Although (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Will take every precaution to preserve all data and software on the computer, you (Client) acknowledge that occasionally data loss will occur and/or software operation may be compromised.
- (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Will install any free programs that you grant permission/ask us to install, while we always try to do our best with the installations, some free programs do not work on all computer systems. If we install a free program for you and you have problems with it, we will uninstall it, but will not give continued free support on the product. Regular bill rates apply.
- (ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Reserves the right to recommend another IT company if the troubleshooting requires the assistance of another IT company to assist. Client will contract with the other IT company separately.
- Confidentiality Agreement: Any private information stored on the computer or viewed by our technicians during a remote support session will be held confidential unless required by law.
- Due to the requirements of the repair, if approved by you and for extra and additional cost, we will back up your data to insure its integrity.
- This is done to ensure that a customer has all the files they need when a computer is returned after a restore.
- During a remote support session, the data is always backed up to the client’s computer or external storage media that support the data type and have sufficient storage space.
- We do not back up the data on remote or 3rd parities servers.
- Remote support service is only through phone call or through the internet.
- On Site visit or repair can be scheduled up on request if the case required on site physical visit if can’t be repaired remotely.
- Only we have the right to take a decision to convert remote repair to physical on site repair.
(ClearTelecomUS Ltd.) Uses the remote access software to provide remote assistance and technical support. Features of this software include:
- Easy to use and totally secure. You are in full control and can end the session at any time.
- Completely secure data channels with key exchange and AES (256 Bit) session encoding, the same security standard used in HTTPS/SSL technologies – the gold standard in security on the internet.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems remotely.
- Allow your support representative to view or control your desktop.
- Transfer files via direct transfer to or from the support representative (optional).
- Remote access software will be installed onto your computer so that we can obtain remote access at any time with your permission. If you wish to uninstall the software please contact us and we will explain how to do this.
The Remote Connection
When you have agreed to use our remote service you will need to initiate a secure connection with one of our support engineers.